CTE Expo


The CTE Expo is a yearly event that I've been part of in my three years of being in Web Design. This year was my last year doing and it has been the best one so far. I got the chance for the last time to talk to freshman students about the great opportunity in joining the Web Design Academy. At first, I was a little shy, but that's just me in every event when I have to explain individuals my work and the work of my other peers but then I started to loosen up and to my surprise, I got to talk to great female students that were interesting in joining. They asked me a lot of personal questions about my own experience in the web design academy and I felt like I connected with a lot of them.
As my last year doing this event I felt the need to contribute more of myself and recruit more girls to be interested in coding. Not many girls join this academy and only a few make pass the interview but hopefully with all my effort, next year web design academy would be full of more girls than my year. As well I got to speak to other males uninterested students about joining this academy. Thanks to my other peers they were able to help me get those shy and untalkative students to speak and open up about their interests and what they want to do in life.
I would miss doing this types of events once a graduate and being this my last year in the academy has helped me a lot with my communication skills, as well as many others and have the great experience to do and accomplish a lot of things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Work-Field Trip Senior Year

Power Skills Networking

Sweetpea's Team